The McBurney School and Horace Mann Prep School, New York City, New York
January 3, 1931 – 1948
1. J. Edwin Mattox. Transferred from Delta Chapter. Charter Member of Alpha Xi Chapter. Brother of Delta # 154. National Committee, United Youth for Defense.
2. James Stewart. Transferred from Delta Chapter. Charter Member of Alpha Xi Chapter.
3. Edward F. Wittmer. Transferred from Delta Chapter. Charter Member of Alpha Xi Chapter. Bucknell University.
4. John L. (Jack) Tyler. Transferred from Delta Chapter. Charter Member of Alpha Xi Chapter.
5. Richard Johnson. Charter Member of Alpha Xi Chapter.
6. William Suizek Jr. Charter Member of Alpha Xi Chapter.
7. Walter H. Koch. Charter Member of Alpha Xi Chapter.
8. Robert Weickel. Charter Member of Alpha Xi Chapter.
9. Lloyd U. Harvey. Charter Member of Alpha Xi Chapter.
10. John L. Moore.
11. Robert Daley. Rutgers University.
12. Jack Hulme.
13. Clifford E. Kilian. Honorary Member. Faculty Member, McBurney School.
14. Frederick Hill. Honorary Member. Faculty Member, McBurney School.
15. C. A. Moser. Honorary Member. Faculty Member, McBurney School.
16. T. E. Purcell. Honorary Member. Faculty Member, McBurney School.
17. Thomas Griffin. Duke University.
18. David Macdonald. Harvard University. Harvard University Law School. Attorney. Assistant Chief Counsel, Joint Senate House Committee on Labor Management Relations. County Attorney, Montgomery County,Maryland. Town Attorney, Laytonsville, Maryland. Delegate to the 1967-68 Maryland Constitutional Convention. President, Montgomery County Chapter National Foundation for Infantile Paralysis. Chairman Zoning Commission, Manor Community Association. Ethics Committee of Montgomery County. Editor, Montgomery County Code. Who’s Who in American Law
19 Earl Wolslagel. University of North Carolina.
20. John Sanderson. New York University.
21. Richard Reimers. Transferred from Pi Chapter, May 1931.
22. Melville Brill. Initiated as alumnus.
23. Daniel Brenzel.
24. Harold Riemers. Transferred from Pi Chapter, October 1931.
25. Jack Santry.
26. Daniel Morgan Jr.
27. William Merrill. Transferred to Rho Chapter, February 1, 1934.
28. Thomas Connell.
29. Henry Robert Reeve.
30. Philip C. Long.
31. Lloyd V. Friedgen.
32. Jack Hackett. Brother of # 33 and # 92.
33.*William Hackett. Brother of # 34 and # 92.
34. Donald A. Foscato.
35. James R. Monson.
36. Edwin F. Coffin Jr.
37. Robert William Bennett Jr. Alfred University. U. S. Navy, WW II. Project Manager, James P. O?Donnell; Blaw-Knox Chemical Products. Director of Technical Services, Hoffman-LaRoche Products. President, R. W. Bennett Management Consultants. Engineer, Alternative Energy Systems. Author. Holder of two patents. Who’s Who in Engineering. Who’s Who in Technology. Who’s Who in the South.
38. David E. Christie.
39. *William A. Smith.
40. Lawrence Altschul. CL 1935.
41. William N. Holt. CL 1934.
42. Arthur Thorne. CL 1934.
43. *Charles Williams.
44. *Robert Ferguson. Brother of # 49.
45. *John Hancock.
46. *Frank Polignani.
47. Kenneth Foltz. CL 1937. [Football]
48. *Richard Chapman.
49. Dr. Albert Barnett Ferguson Jr.. 06/10/1919-02/15/1935-?. CL 1937. [Football, Baseball, Basketball] Dartmouth College. Harvard University, MD. Lieutenant, U. S. Marine Corps, WW II. Chairman and Professor, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Pittsburgh. Executive Committee, Blue Cross of Western Pennsylvania. President, American Board of Orthopedic Surgeons. President, American Orthopedic Association. Director,American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery. Chairman, Educational and Training Committee, National Institutes of Health. Author. Who’s Who in America. Who’s Who in the World. Brother of # 44.
50. *George Crawford.
51. Raymond H. Manahan. CL 1937. [Basketball]
52. John Andrew Podden. CL 1936. [Basketball, Baseball, Football]
53. Thomas Jefferson Miley Jr. CL 1938. [Football, President Athletic Asociation] Paralyzed in WW II.
54. *Henri P. Ayres. Honorary Member. Faculty Member, McBurney School.
55. *Jack Crawford.
56. Edward D. Sheffe. CL 1938. [President ?M? Club]
57. William C. Galbraith. CL 1937. [Soccer, Tennis, All-City Soccer]
58. Richard Potter. CL 1937. [Swimming, Soccer]
59. Neil Megaw. CL 1937. [Swimming]
60. Robert Stephens. CL 1938. [Football]
61. Charles W. Hall Jr. CL 1938. [Class President]
62. Edwin H. Krom Jr. CL 1938. [Editor School Magazine]
63. Arthur R. Mallette Jr. CL 1939.
64. Frederick Corbett. CL 1938.
65. Donald D. Welch. CL 1940.
66. Thomas King.
67. Clifford Lorne Giebler Jr. CL 1939. University of Alabama. Lieutenant-Commander, U. S. Navy, WW II.
68. Edward M. Jordan. CL 1939.
69. Richard Altschul. CL 1940. [Basketball, Volleyball, Manager Orchestra]
70. John M. Krom. CL 1940. Haverford College. Lieutenant, U. S. Navy, WW II. Vice President for Sales, Dun and Bradstreet Publications. Who’s Who in Advertising.
71. Bernard Guernsey. Honorary Member.
72. Charles Byron Gordon. CL 1939.
73. William Anthony Adams. CL 1939. McBurney School.
74. Carl Edgington Widney. CL 1939. McBurney School.
75. Robert Miles Heitzeberg. CL 1939. McBurney School.
76. Marion Joseph Martin Jr. CL 1940.
77. Arthur Christian Buettner. CL 1941. McBurney School.
78. Raymond Lee Anthony Stacom. CL 1942. McBurney School.
79. William Newcombe Brooks Jr. CL 1942. McBurney School.
80. John Ralph Oldoerp. CL 1940.
81. Archer Charles Crane. CL 1940.
82. Carl Avery. CL 1942.
83. Thomas Harald Vivian. CL 1940.
84. Lucien Post Locke. CL 1941.
85. John Gerard McLaughlin. CL 1941.
86. Alexander Charles Vehring Jr. CL 1941. McBurney School.
87. Francis Castagnola. 02/10/1925-12/23/1940-07/1984. CL 1942.
88. Robert Walter Willett. CL 1942. McBurney School. Duke University, MD. Internist. Clinical Associate Professor, University of North Carolina Medical School.
89. Maurice Witherspoon. CL 1943. McBurney School.
90. A. Robert Bonagura. CL 1943. McBurney School.
91. Robert Gordley. CL 1944. McBurney School.
92. Edward Hackett. CL 1943. McBurney School.Brother of # 32 and # 33.
93. Edward Paul Frey. CL 1944.
94. Theodore Wolff. CL 1945.
95. Lawrence (Larry) Douglas. CL 1945.
96. Robert E. Brooks. CL 1944. McBurney School.
97. Joel Louis Carr. CL 1944. McBurney School.
98. Jack Whitman. CL 1944. McBurney School.
99. Bartlett Shaw. CL 1944. McBurney School. [Football]
100. George E. Warren. CL 1944. McBurney School. [Soccer]
101. James F. Hooper. CL 1947. McBurney School.
102. Orin Small. CL 1946. McBurney School. [Soccer, Football]
103. Dr. Rodolfo (Rudolph) Ruibal. CL 1945. McBurney School. [Soccer, Fencing, Honor Society] Harvard University. Columbia University, PhD. U S. Army. Guggenheim Fellow. Evolutionary Biologist. Chairman, Department of Biology, University of California at Riverside. Chairman, Department of Zoology, UC Riverside. Advisor to California Fish and Game Department. Who’s Who in Frontiers of Science and Technology. Who’s Who in America
104. Richard Williams. CL 1945. McBurney School.
105. William W. Rankin. CL 1944. McBurney School.
106. William J. Behrens. CL 1945. McBurney School.
107. Byron E. Anderson. CL 1945. McBurney School.
108. John E. Ryall. CL 1945. McBurney School.
109. Stanley Erichsen. CL 1947. McBurney School.
110. Frederick F. P. Holstein. CL 1947. McBurney School.