Newburgh Free Academy, Newburgh, New York
March 23, 1947 – 1950
1. Edward Engels. Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter.
2. John Henry Hectus. CL 1947. [Cheer Leader] Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter. U. S. Marine Corps, Korea. Quality Control, Ford Motor Company.
3. Floyd William Penney. CL 1947. Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter. SUNY at New Paltz. Xavier University. U. S. Army, Korea. Systems Analyst, International Business Machines. President Newburgh School Board.
4. Richard Mills. Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter.
5. Wallace Stang. Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter.
6. Charles Roe. Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter.
7. Robert Kimball. Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter.
8. Walter Chandler Jr. CL 1947. Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter.
9. Robert Lahey. Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter.
10. Herbert Raymond Harvey. CL 1948. Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter. Tusculum College. PhD, Harvard University. Director for International Population Research, University of Wisconsin. Professor of Anthropology, University of Wisconsin. Field Director, Archaeological Field School, Texas Technological University. Author. Who’s Who in the Midwest.
11. Thomas E. (Tom) Coupart. CL 1948. [Football, Baseball, Ice Hockey] Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter. Maintenance Superintendant, West Point Tours Bus Company. Organizer and Chairman, New York State School Bus Contractors Maintenance Council. National Maintenance Council.
12. James Lydecker. Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter. Nephew of Rho # 5. Cousin of # 13.
13. John Rodney Lydecker. Charter Member of Beta Mu Chapter. Son of Rho # 5. Cousin of # 12. Ulster County Corrections Officer.
14. John Perrigo. CL 1948.
15. William McQuillan. CL 1948.
16. Henry Buckley. CL 1948.
17. Robert Eden. CL 1948.
18. William Lambert. CL 1949.
19. Hon. Augustus Witschief Bennet. Honorary Member. Psi Upsilon at Amherst College. Phi Beta Kappa.Columbia University Law School. U. S. Navy Air Corps, WW I. Lawyer. U. S. Referee in Bankruptcy. Member,United States House of Representatives. Son of Congressman and Assistant Treasurer of the United States William S. Bennet. Who’s Who in America.
20. Richard DeKay. CL 1950. Surveyor.
21. (Arnold) Victor (Vic) Schwarz. CL 1950. Pratt Institute. U. S. Army, Korea. Commercial artist. Book Designer, Hayden Books. Co-Founder (with folksinger Pete Seeger), ‘Hudson River Sloop Clearwater,’ a project which set a model for world-wide environmental work.
22. T. Richard (Dick) Severo. CL 1950. Colgate University. Columbia University. Sigma Delta Chi. Prominent Journalist. Writer, CBS News. Associated Press. New York Herald Tribune, Washington Post, New York Times since 1968. Author of articles for national magazines. Three Page One Awards. George Polk Memorial Award. Agent Orange Victims International Award. Trustee, Colgate University. Numerous other awards. Lecturer in American Culture, Vassar College. Author of two books. Who’s Who in Entertainment. Who’s Who in America. Who’s Who in the World.
23. Richard (Dick) Gehle. 10/30/1932-06/18/1948-2002. CL 1950. Bucknell University.
24. Robert J. (Bob) Dederick. CL 1950. Bucknell University. U. S. Navy. Teacher. Inventor.
25. Terence V. Kennedy. CL 1951. Teacher.
26. Hon. Donald Richard Presutti. CL 1951. Councilman then Mayor of Newburgh, New York.
27. Eugene Duffy. CL 1950. Brother of # 32
28. Haige Poindexter. CL 1951.
29. Alfred Mazzarelli. CL 1950. A&P Supermarkets.
30. Allan Roger (Al) Van Der Zee. CL 1950. Orange County Community College. Trinity College. Rider College. Owner, Duso Auto Parts. Executive Director, New York Automotive Association. Trustee, Alfred University.
31. Harry E. Pulver. CL 1950. [Football, Track] Orange Community College. USAF, Korea. Central Hudson Power Company. CEO, Syracuse Castings, large manufacturer of manhole covers. President, Orange Lake SchoolBoard. President Orange Lake Fire Department.
32. Edward Duffy. Brother of # 27.