Arthur Hill High School, Saginaw, Michigan
Operating as Beta Alpha Gamma, Prior to 1910
October 1, 1910 – 1925
1. Chester F. Gregory. Charter Member of Lambda Chapter.
2. Clarence P. Bauer. Charter Member of Lambda Chapter.
3. Col. Chester Lawrence (Chet or Mike) Fordney. Charter Member of Lambda Chapter. Georgetown University. BSME, University of Michigan. George Washington University. Son of Congressman Joseph W. Fordney. U. S. Marine Corps First Marine Aviation Force in France, WW I. Commanding Officer, Central Reserve Area. Aide to Commissioner of the 1933 Chicago World’s Fair. Onetime holder of world altitude record (61,237 feet on November 20, 1933 in balloon). Colonel, Commanding Officer, Marine Corps Central Recruiting Division, WW II. Top Marine Corps recruiter in WW II. Son-in-Law of Marine Corps Commandant Ben Fuller. Described by Secretary of the Navy Frank Knox as “the adequate Marine.” Chairman, Illinois Veterans’ Bonus Board. Warden, Cook County (Chicago) Jail. Deputy Sheriff, Loudon County, Virginia. Who’s Who in America.
4. Paul Hackstadt. Charter Member of Lambda Chapter. Initiated as alumnus.
5. Eugene W. Ippel. Charter Member of Lambda Chapter. U. S. Army, World War I. Vice President, J. W. Ippel and Company, department store. Prominent Saginaw civic leader.
6. Harold C. Roeser. Charter Member of Lambda Chapter. Brother of # 7.
7. W. L. Roeser. Charter Member of Lambda Chapter. Brother of # 6.
8. Clinton K. Seymour. Charter Member of Lambda Chapter. Charter Member of Lambda Chapter.
9. Harry Buell. Charter Member of Lambda Chapter.
10. John (Capt. Bings) Britton. CL 1917.
11. James H. (Jim) Jerome. CL 1916.
12. Bulman Kemp.
13. Dr. Ferdinand Ripley Schemm. CL 1917. Brother of # 13. University of Michigan. U. S. Army Ambulance Corps, WW I. M. D., Heart Specialist. Nationally-known medical researcher. Developed the standard cure for dropsy (edema). Instructor in Medicine, University of Michigan. Chief of medical staff, Montana Deaconess Hospital. Founder, Great Falls (Montana) Heart Research Institute. Husband of novelist Mildred Walker.
14. George A. Schemm. Brother of # 12.
15. Ashton (Red) Berst. CL 1917.
16. * Kemp.
17. * Smith. CL 1918.
18. * Stark. University of Michigan.
19. *George Alderton II. Chi Phi at. Pres. National Bridge Federation.